Making available the best work in complexity science
The SFI Press endeavors to communicate the best of complexity science and to capture a sense of the diversity, range, breadth, excitement, and ambition of SFI-related research. To provide a distillation of discussions, debates, and meetings across a range of influential and nascent topics. To change the way we think.
At its core, the SFI Press seeks to be
- Enlightening: Complexity defies categorization. As a responsive publishing entity embedded in a leading research institution, we are uniquely positioned to keep pace with new developments in this dynamic and boundary-spanning field.
- Challenging: Full funding grants us the freedom to pursue insight over profit. Consequently, our volumes can be provocative and eye-opening beyond the limits of a traditional press.
- Surprising: Our texts are explicitly transdisciplinary, drawing on fields as diverse as paleobiology, historiography, computer science, quantum physics, and medical anthropology.
- Evolvable: At every stage of publication, the Press strives for nimbleness: moving quickly to circulate new thought incarnating at SFI and throughout the world of complexity science. We aim to bring volumes from submission to print within one year.
- Affordable: The Press was founded on the principle that excellent scholarship need not be prohibitively expensive.
- Collectible: Elegant, accessible and memorable design complements our streamlined publishing model. We produce volumes that are meant to be read, re-read, and wrestled with.
To learn more about the SFI Press or to purchase any of our books, click here.